Tuesday, November 23, 2010

FLYING CONCERTS

Okay, something totally off the wall here, but a discussion I have been having with some friends in spare time.  I have narrowed down what I think I some of the most impressive “aerial” live concerts in recent times.  There are many honorable mentions here, but these two at least in my opinion are impressive.
The first is Taylor Swift’s performance at this year’s CMA.  I am not a country music fan, nor could I tell you two songs Swift sings, but the choreography in this clip is amazing from first to last.


The next footage that I think is the best is from a live performance of Simple Minds with their one hit wonder, “Don’t You Forget About Me”.  For those of you that aren’t in my generation (X) think John Hughes days specially the “Breakfast Club”.  The reason I love this aerial clip is due the crowd participation (see 3:28 mark) which is the ultimate for a rock and roll band.  I also love how the lead singer asks the crowd, “Everything okay?” as tons of steel dangle over their heads.  These eighty rockers are the essence of coolness in playing to the crowd (just witness the master Bono).  

3 comments:

  1. I vote "Don't You Forget About Me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita said on Facebook to come vote. Out of the two you mentioned, I think it's a tie. I really like them both.
    But my all time favorite aerial performance has to go to Pink singing "Glitter in the Air" at the Grammy's this year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3stsDXki__U
    Though some may find her costume inappropriate, I think the performance is just... amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel~ I agree Pink's performance is very Good!!!

    ReplyDelete