Monday, February 7, 2011

ORDINATION

Last month at Calvary we ordained three men as an elder and deacons.  I am constantly encouraged by the wise godly service of these men.  They could complain; they could be doing other things less stressful and more leisurely, but they love God and His church.  Having godly leaders particularly a plurality of the right elders is both smart and safe-for the church, for the pastor, for the elders, and for the gospel.  I have often said where leadership goes the church will follow for good or bad.  I simply could not do the things I do without these men.  I realize why Paul ensured that the churches he established were elder led before he left them, and I understand why he wrote the things he did to these men whom he loved dearly.  Calvary is a healthier fellowship because of these men, and the gospel is clearly displayed in their devotion and service to Christ’s body.

No comments:

Post a Comment