Thursday, April 22, 2010

Together for the Gospel Review

Last week seven men from Calvary Baptist Church including myself attended the 2010 Together for the Gospel Conference. It was the third time I had been to T4G since its inception and third installment. You can find out what the conference is about here.

I won’t go into all the details no doubt those have been covered thoroughly in other venues and formats. Suffice it to say nearly a week has elapsed and I am still stuffed on the conference. T4G is a unique setting, but it is much like my mom’s lasagna, there are some many good layers and it tastes better each time it is reheated. Yes, there are some minor critiques, but it pales in comparison to the rich buffet of Christian brotherhood. After my third attendance (the conference started in 2006 and meets every other year), I can say with integrity that the speakers, attenders, and all involved are with some exceptions very much Together for the Gospel.

I want to thank the following for their continual ministry toward me that allowed me this conference:
1. My wife-My wife is the most faithful human being I have known. I realize everyone is supposed to say it. I say it because it is true and proven over and over. Anita took care of two young kids while I was gone, managed a house, found time to supervise a remodel of our house for a study as a birthday gift, had a massive garage sell, and did it all without a single particle of disdain that I got to leave and she has to stay.

2. My church-My fellowship encourages me with times of refreshing and rest. I love Calvary more and more with each passing year.
3. My fellow elders (who didn’t get to go)-Some remained to shepherd the flock while I was gone. No doubt they will hear all the stories and feel our intensity of those who went, but someone had to stay. They chose to, so I could go. Blessings on these men.

No comments:

Post a Comment