Friday, September 16, 2011

To the Garden We Go


With the cooler weather here, the family is more outdoors.  I have been trimming some tree limbs that have been sagging through recent storms, plus the extra shade has harmed the growth of my rose bushes.  Our pumpkin vine has had a growth spurt, but I don’t think it will be in time for end of October. 
I have had an infestation of grasshoppers that literally have stripped all my beans and tomatoes bare so the summer vegetation is all but lost (except for a few lingering cucumbers, my lone consistent producer this year). 
Here is a picture of this year’s “Morning Glories” which though beautiful did not compare to the ones last year. 

I did add some solar lights to the playhouse which added to the beauty, and my kids are fascinated by.  They think it is Christmas all year round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment