Friday, September 30, 2011

To The Garden We Go...

I am way behind on my fall clean up schedule.  One of the reasons is the equipment I have been dealt with.  Here is a picture of my lawn mower.  Yes this is the lawn mower I use.  It was given to me by my mom when she moved here.  I accepted the gift only in turn to be a giver and give my lawn mower to my sister.  I wish I hadn’t.  In less than one mowing season, this mower does not perform self-propelled operations, even though it is built to do so.  In the course of mowing this spring, the muffler literally flew off as I was mowing, and I have yet to replace it.  Then the starter shaft flew off so I have to have my wife hold the starter shaft down with her foot while I pull the cord causing her to recite, “How many people does it take to start one lawn mower?”  I beg and plead that the mower not be shut off until all mowing is complete.  Now parts of the primer is coming loose.  I find myself humming the Merle Haggard hit, “If We Make Through December”.



No comments:

Post a Comment