Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Speaking Engagements


With my PhD work, I don’t get as many speaking engagements as I used to, but when I can afford the opportunity, I relish it.  The last few weeks I have had some wonderful moments to interact with various people.
I few weeks ago, I was a guest lecturer at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary  in a pastoral care class led by Dr. Larry Cornine.  This was the second year I lectured, and it was a rich time. 

Then I went back to Midwestern last week, and was on a panel discussion regarding expository preaching with Dr. Ben Awbrey (one of my church members and preaching professor) and Tim Junke, one of my dear friends.  Once again the time was well spent. 

Sunday I had the privilege of preaching at Faith Community Church where Tim serves as pastor.  I have preached there several times, and always count it a joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment