Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I must admit that I am a quiet John Denver fan.  Most people my age and younger will use this to further verify that I am not with the times.  But in terms of certain musical genres and hits, John Denver did indeed rule the day.  “Leaving on a Jet Plane”, “Sunshine on my Shoulders” “Rocky Mountain High” “Thank God I’m a Country Boy” “Take Me Home Country Roads” and “Calypso” are all hits.  But Denver’s greatest hit, in terms of longest running as number one on the charts was “Annie’s Song” which was written to his wife during one of the rough patches of their marriage.  As often is the case, fantasy is better than reality.  The song endured in beauty while Denver’s marriage to Annie (the whole point of the song) did not survive. 
As so on Valentine’s day, I go back to the vault to express to my love what Denver penned in his song.  It becomes truer and deeper with each passing day.  Much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment