Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I am Reading

Among other books, I am reading Ron Chernow’s Washington: A Life.  I am about halfway through it, and it is much better than many of the modern biographies of Washington that I have read.  I am a sucker for American history, but most particularly of the colonial period.  These people overcame and endured so much for our country that I never grow tired of reading it.  Much of what is in the book thus far, I have read before so it isn’t illuminating of new material, and I still prefer Chernow’s biography of Alexander Hamilton to any other biography I have ever read, but readers will not be disappointed if you are looking for a good solid commentary on the American Revolution particularly through the eyes of Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment