Friday, July 2, 2010


With gardening I am a cross between innovation and whimsical.  These pictures attest to this.  I bought these two hanging baskets on sale, cut the hangers on them, and put them in some old wash tubs on stands my grandparents had.  Anita didn’t spray paint to keep their antique look, and inside the wash tub I placed the potted plants on bricks, and basically flooded the tubs so that there is always a reservoir of water their roots can get to.  One wash tub is filled with all sorts of petunias one of my favorite annuals; the other is an assortment of a dozen different annuals.  So far they have stood the test of humidity and they receive a full eight hours of sun.

So here is the big baby that has occupied my attention and friends patience since March.  I won’t go into all the details here.  But as you can see, I added on the kids playset with another larger, taller bad boy.  A 12 foot tower, complete with two height decks and a 7 foot tornado slide.  On the back end, which you can’t see, I installed a pirate ladder.  And to connect both playsets, I built and installed a clatter bridge.  You can see Noah on it with topsy turvy tomato planters hanging from the tower. The other photos in the front of the playsets are our version of the yellow brick road with a cabin in the background.  There is a bridge to cross over and this year I planted corn and sunflowers so that by the end of the summer the kids can walk through them.  I will try to give more details as the summer progresses.
                                                            





No comments:

Post a Comment