Thursday, September 30, 2010

Report on School

A course that I am currently engaged in due to my PhD is Latin.  I know what meaning of you must be thinking, Latin!  I take a three hour course every week at a local college, and I spend at least one hour a day preparing and reviewing. 
Believe it or not, it has so far been rather enjoyable.  It helps that I took twenty hours of Greek and know English.  Latin helps and is helped by both.  It has aided my reading of Augustine, which I am heavily involved in a seminar paper.  And I have enjoyed reading portions of the Vulgate, although that is not classic Latin. 
I think I am one of if not the oldest student in a room of about twenty students.  My instructor is very helpful.  Please pray for my understanding of this language, and especially that I maintain my witness for Christ.  Being on a college campus with about 25,000 students is a powerful reminder of the need for scholarly but compassionate evangelism.

No comments:

Post a Comment