Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Coffee with Carson

D.A. Carson is my favorite of the month for May.  Again for new readers and those who don’t know my procedure.  I have 24 favorite authors that I read every other year by alphabet, and Carson has been a favorite.  I have enjoyed Carson for many reasons chief among being his immense scholarship coupled with a pastoral heart.  His commentary on Matthew has been a rich treasure for me in the years I have been journey through that gospel.  This month I have been making my way yet again his “A Call to Spiritual Reformation” which is a book using the prayers of Paul.  I have read this and re-read it and it brings me such joy and realigns my praying to be more biblical and therefore more God honoring.  I am also reading his new book that I received this year at T4G called “Scandlous”.  I will give updates on Wednesdays throughout the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment