Friday, May 28, 2010

Nuts and Bolts



I noticed the other day that a church in my area is promoting an “Eco-Friendly Vacation Bible School”. Will someone please explain to me what this is? I hardly think it would be a Noah’s Ark Theme.

As a son of veteran, I find the consideration of a restraint medal during wartime both absurd and insulting. My dad wouldn’t let us watch M.A.S.H. I can’t imagine what he would say about this if he were still alive.
http://www.navytimes.com/news/2010/05/military_restraint_medal_051110mar/


This next clip has been much talked about around the halls of Calvary thanks to Reepicheep (the Baptist in Presbyterian robes) Actually Tony Felich is a friend and a kindred spirit for the gospel. I worshipped at his church a few weeks ago, and am reminded that as Baptists we have much to learn from our Presbyterian cousins (on our Father’s side). Tony is a gifted writer (and I mean scary gifted). I am an avid reader of his bloghttp://www.reepicheep-ajf.blogspot.com/ and I think my wife is one of his biggest fans. I first saw this video a few weeks ago on his blog. He highlights a section-“Things You will Never See at Redeemer” http://www.redeemer-pca.org/, and some of these clips are epic. At any rate, several Calvary members were previewing it and put a header to it-“While Pastor Brian was away”. Keep in mind while viewing it: yes, it is real, and yes it was in a church service, and yes he really did do that at the :56 mark. Brace yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment